Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stop Messing with our Food!

Folks, I am a pretty outspoken person as many of you have probably come to know. But I usually try to keep out of politics and have decided to try to keep my efforts focused on my corner of this big, beautiful planet - figuring I'll be more effective that way.

However, I do pull my head up out of the sand often and watch what is going on in Washington DC through means of notices that flood my email box.

I'm not suggesting you take my viewpoint or subscribe or even reply to all of the petitions that come your way. But please, we do need to keep our voices heard and there are some good organizations that make it easy enough to do so - when you agree about the cause.

The link for this latest is another round of poorly tested corn crops about to be released to the market. These have the potential to contaminate other crops and all of the crazy lack of testing for what long term effects GMO corn may have on us - the largest science project known.

"This GE corn variety was developed by DuPont subsidiary Pioneer Hi-Bred International to tolerate applications of glyphosate (the active ingredient in Roundup) and acetolactate synthase-inhibiting herbicides (ALS inhibitors). This latest petition to deregulate a new, untested, and complex GE crop poses food safety, environmental, and agronomic concerns that were not adequately evaluated...."

We can't realistically eat organic every day all day all the time. And corn is found in just about everything it seems, as well as is fed to the animals we consume if we consume meats.

Please follow the link above to read more and potentially add your voice to the others. And if you have time, take a look at some of the other news going on.

Thank you all for supporting local agriculture!

Thank you.
Marie


Marie
Eat Your Food - Naturally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment.